|All web site content and graphic design Copyright © 2003 - 2007, Eclectic Company Theatre
and/or Denise Lowe and/or the original owners of the Copyright Protected Materials. All Rights Reserved.
Contact the Webmaster at: firstname.lastname@example.org
|It's that time again!
The 4th Annual
will blow through Los Angeles July 27th to August 19th 2007
|We are proud to present the 4th Annual HURRICANE SEASON, a new works festival and playwright's competition.
Each of the first three weekends of HURRICANE SEASON will feature a new program of one-act plays that have never been produced before. The fourth weekend will be a re-staging of the first three weekend favorites. The plays will be selected by members of the Eclectic Company Theatre for a professional production.
At the end of each program, the audience will cast their votes for their favorite play of the evening. A cash prize of $100 will be awarded each weekend to the playwright who receives the most audience votes.
A “play-off” will be held the fourth weekend with the top three audience favorites competing for an additional $400, making the Grand Prize for the festival a total of $500.
- Scripts must be previously un-produced.
- The running time of the play should be 45 minutes or less.
- One-person shows will not be considered.
- Plays should be able to fit into a black-box theatre using minimal set pieces.
- Include a $10 processing fee with each submitted script postmarked MARCH 15, 2007 or before.
- Submit 3 plays for $20!
- Plays received with postmarks MARCH 16, 2007 or later must include a processing fee of $15.
- DEADLINE for submission is APRIL 15, 2007.
- Scripts will not be returned unless accompanied by a SASE.
- Selected playwrights will be notified on MAY 15, 2007.
Interested playwrights should submit TWO copies of their script(s), accompanied by a title page that includes Name, Address, Phone, E-mail, and source* along with a check payable to The Eclectic Company Theatre. Mail submissions to:
HURRICANE SEASON 2007
C/O THE ECLECTIC COMPANY THEATRE
5312 LAUREL CANYON BLVD.
VALLEY VILLAGE, CA 91607
- All fees go towards production.
Please advise on your title page how you first came to hear about this contest/festival. We try to track the best sources for soliciting general playwright submissions.